Friday, May 21, 2010

Batch Cooking

I want to warn you- I don't do OMAC or once a month cooking. For one, I have a full time job and full time academic calendar- so two-three days in a row off, just doesn't happen. Second, I probably wouldn't be able to eat for two days after. It is just too much. I do batch cook though.

When I get a few hours or even a whole day, like yesterday, when I can cook-I do so. There were these absolutely fabulous half off deals at Winn-Dixie and I just HAD TO stock up! Whole fryers @ 0.74/pound, 8oz mushrooms for 0.99, and many more! I made a quick stop at Save-a-lot for 10lb bags of potatoes for $1.99, bought two because you can always make french fries to freeze, then headed home! At first I had a plan to rotisserie the chickens and make some mashed potatoes. It turned into a 6 hour cookathon. I think I was really just trying to put off the homework I had to do, but hey, I did do something constructive! In all, we have enough meals and frozen things to last for about 10-14 days. I utilized the rotisserie, crockpot, deep fryer, frying pan, large pot, mixer with slicer attachment, and my poor knife is just about dull from all of the slicing! I was able to make as follows:

4 cups of mashed potatoes
3 gallon sized bags of potato chips
Large bowl of salad=8 servings
2 sandwhich sized bags of satueed mushrooms and onions-premade/frozen for future use
2 chicken fajita premade dinners=8+servings
8 ears of corn
2- 3.3lb rotisserie chicken
3 quarts of rotisserie chicken stew=8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment